Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Follow up.....

to this post about washing/rinsing threads. If you remember I told you that the manufacturer recommended rinsing with hot water to remove excess dye. Here is one of the tags...


I decided today was the day. I held each skein under very hot running water, gently squeezed to remove the excess, blotted dry with a paper towel and laid out on an old terry towel to start the drying process....


I left them on the old terry towel for about 1 hour and then transferred to our indoor drying rack where I will leave them for the rest of the day...


I was very pleased to see all of the colors rinsed out clear...no excess dyes with any of them...and the paper towel and old terry towel had no staining. Once they are dry, I can get back to stitching Mary's Sampler by Plum Street Samplers.

I will see you later this weekend for IHSW, Stitch from Stash, and Smalls SAL updates.

P.S. - Don't you love my Mom's curtains!!



No comments:

Post a Comment