Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2014 Smalls SAL, January

I did not get my ornament finished because I do not like the primary brown/chocolate color that I chose--it looks too red. I think I have found a better color, so I am going to get busy stitching with that and see if I like it any better. The floss mess in the middle (major user error) is the color that is in the right side of the heart ("panes") and hopefully I will have the new color (skein on the upper left) started before I go to bed tonight. The skein on the upper right is what I have stitched already as the "lines" in the design.


EDITED: I frogged out the red brown and stitched the "panes" with a darker brown....I am much happier with the results. I will need to back stitch the lighter brown so that it stands out a little more, but that is not problem.



7 comments:

  1. It looks pretty what you have so far, can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still stuck on the word "chocolate" <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it happens, that we have to frog because we're not liking the result. It looks good now, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Debbie

    I also like your choice!
    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good progress, you will be happier with the results.

    ReplyDelete