Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

April IHSW

I actually stitched this weekend and have a finish and a start. My finish is a pattern that I absolutely fell in love with and would have started the day I found it, but had to go buy threads.

White Peacock Pincushion by Niky's Creations
Gift of Stitching Magazine, Issue 63, May 2011
Scrap of 14 count Aida, listed DMC threads
I have to find an appropriate backing material, but I have an idea of what I want, so will look this weekend. I am very pleased with how this turned out, and very pleased that stitching on this piece seemed to get me motivated to keep stitching. I started working on A Patriot's Sampler, a freebie from Pauline at Plum Street Sampler. I am stitching it for Memorial Day. I forgot to take a picture of it tonight, so will post another time. I am very touched by the verse she used and it holds a lot of meaning to me as I am a military daughter, mom, and aunt. My son is currently deployed somewhere in the Middle East and I pray for him and others as I stitch.

9 comments:

  1. Pretty finish.Look forward to seeing how you make it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely peacock indeed!

    Greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish, Debbie!! It's so cute. I'm looking forward to see your Sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish Debbie!! Can't wait to see the Sampler!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    I'm new to your lovely blog.

    Your White Peacock finish is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love it and hope to stitch it in the future. Please post a photo when you make it into something too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely piece :-)
    Thanks so much for your comment, I'm happy you love my freebie :-)
    I hope you'll stitch it and send me a pic :-)
    Hugs and thanks again

    Isobel
    The Primitive Hare

    ReplyDelete