Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Soup's on!!

Tonight I made what has become my favorite soup. This is a recipe that I got from one of my co-workers. I absolutely love it and could have at least one serving a day.


  Sausage Corn Potato Chowder

Soup from Heather's mom. A family recipe--my favorite kind! Yields: 6 Servings

1 pound Ground breakfast sausage (I use Register's sausage; it is a type of smoked sausage that I can buy in Tallahassee)
3 Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (16 oz) Corn (I usually use Birds Eye Steamfresh Asparagus Gold & White Corn, Baby Carrots)
1 can (12 oz) fat-free Evaporated milk
2 cups Water
1 t. Basil
1 t. Salt (I use very little salt)
½ t Ground black pepper

Brown sausage and remove from pan; saute the onion in the sausage drippings. Add all other ingredients; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.

Notes: You can substitute chicken broth for the water . You can also use frozen corn, thawed, instead of the canned corn. 

I was out of the frozen corn mixture that I usually use, so I added regular frozen corn and added chopped up red bell pepper. The vegetable part of the soup is pretty flexible to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment