Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Needle Faire retreat

Sorry I am so late in writing about the retreat. I needed to take pictures of stash and gifties. The retreat was held at Camp Beckwith which is outside of Fairhope, AL. It is an Episcopal camp and from what I could tell is used almost year round. We had amazing weather and the location is very tranquil. I think I was more relaxed on this vacation then I have been in a long time. My sister, Diana, drove down from North Carolina on Thursday, and we drove to the retreat on Friday. We stopped at the LNS in Pensacola that was sponsoring the retreat, Needle Delights. I do not have a brick and mortar store here, so it was a real treat for me. They have an amazing amount of threads in stock and cater to both cross stitch and needlepoint/canvas work.

This is the lake and pier in front of the conference center.

 I just loved these old tree trunks.

A contemplative moment

A close view of the pier.

The view from the other end of the pier.

A friendly fellow

Not sure what made these tracks, but liked the sun and shadow of the picture.

I will show you the stash pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment