Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stitch in Public Day

If you want to encourage other needle artists, then this weekend go to your local library or bookstore and stitch, crochet, knit, sew or embroider in public.  February is National Embroidery Month, and Saturday, February 20, has been designated as Stitch in Public day. I believe that we are artists in every sense of the word.  We may use others' patterns, but we can change the colors, size, structure and feel of the design to match what we see and feel for the piece.
Here in Tallahassee, we lost our LNS about 8 years ago, and now we must either order online or travel about 2-3 hours one way to the closest shop.  We need to let the world know that our artform is important and one of great beauty. Ladies and Gents, hold your needles high!!!
If you live in or near Tallahassee, I will be at the Main Library downtown from 10:00-2:00 stitchin' away and would love to have you join the fun!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I don't know what my plans are for Saturday as of yet, but I may just join in on this event (albeit in Central Fla). If I lived closer to Tallahassee, I would definitely join ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. Hope you all have fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a fun time stitching in the library! Sounds like the perfect quiet place for some relaxing stithcing. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Debbie,

    What a great initiative! I wish we had that too, I would go :) Did you go and was it nice?

    I forgot to say earlier that I like your header very much!

    Greetings, Carolien

    ReplyDelete