Pages

Friday, July 24, 2009

A book

Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

It has been a long time since a book has had such a great impact on me. I am copying my review of this book from my Goodreads page. If I offend, then I have made you think.

This is a first read for me of a book that was written before I was born in 1955. Bradbury's words were harsh and to the point. He seemed to grasp in a way that I have never seen printed, the attitudes of our reality in 2009. I usually read for pleasure, but this book was a rude awakening for me. I fear that we soon will believe that books and what they contain are not needful or "stir people up too much". I was raised in a household were books were/are a precious commodity and was encouraged to read anything I could put my hands on and the thought that books would/are being banned scares the H@#$ out of me. YOU NEED TO READ THIS BOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment